Single sample tests: get to the heart of your data
QED Statistics has all the methods you need to examine the basics of your data set:
- Mean - to calculate the arithmetic mean of a list of numbers.
- Median - to calculate the median of a list of numbers.
- Variance - to calculate the variance of a list of numbers.
- Standard deviation - to calculate the standard deviation of a list of numbers.
- Skewness - to calculate the skew of a list of numbers.
- Kurtosis - to calculate the kurtosis (degree of peak) of a list of numbers.
- Probability Plot - to examine the cumulative frequency distribution and investigate normality.
- Box and Whisker - To create a box and whisker plot for a variable.
- Testing Normality - Use Chi, Shapiro-Wilk or Lilliefors tests to test if the variable is normally distributed.
- t-Test - to test the mean of the variable for significant difference from a defined value.
- z Test - to test the mean of the variable for significant difference from a defined value.
- Summary of Data - the data set statistics.
Don't forget, for most calculations, Expand & Explore will
show you exactly how the calculation is performed.
Meanwhile, the infinitely customisable charts will emphasise
the importance of your results!
Jump to: Front page Guided Tours Buy QED Statistics